GHANA TVET VOUCHER PROJECT
The GTVP is a project under Ghanaian-German Financial Cooperation, co-financed by BMZ through KfW and the Government of Ghana. The project is implemented by the Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (COTVET), supported by PLANCO, an international consulting firm.
The project is an initiative of the Government of Ghana aimed at improving access of Master Craft Persons, workers and their apprentices to formal training in their trade area leading to the award of National Proficiency Certificates.
WHAT DOES GTVP AIM TO ACHIEVE?
• Improve the access of 8,000 Master Craft Persons, their workers and apprentices from the informal sector to technical and vocational education and training
• Institutionally strengthening TVET stakeholders such as training institutes, trade associations and the regulatory body (COTVET).
•Establish a consistent incentive system for vocational training providers taking into consideration the labour market relevance of such training.
WHAT IS THE GTVP APPROACH?
GTVP will provide demand driven training vouchers to 8,000 COTVET registered MCPs, their apprentices and workers. The vouchers will be used to fund training programmes in COTVET-accredited Training Institutions.
WHO ARE THE TARGETED BENEFICIARIES OF THE GTVP?
• Workers of MCPs
• Apprentices of MCPs
• Beauty/Cosmetics (Cosmetology)
• Consumer Electronics
• Automotive repair
• Building Construction (Welding)
WHAT IS THE COVERAGE OF THE GTVP?
GTVP Is currently being implemented in the following four regions:
• Greater Accra
• Volta Region
• Northern Region
• Ashanti Region
WHAT TYPE OF TRAINING IS FUNDED BY THE GTVP?
Competency-Based Training that consists of:
• Institutional training by formal Training Institutions
• Workplace Training under the supervision of a registered Informal Sector Training Provider (MCPs/TAs)
WHO QUALIFIES TO APPLY FOR GTVP TRAINING VOUCHERS?
• A COTVET-registered Master Crafts Person
• An Apprentice of an MCP with at least two months in apprenticeship
• Workers of MCPs
• Applicants must be at least 15 years and must have at least completed Junior High School (JHS)
HOW DO I APPLY?
All applications must be submitted through the MCP’s Trade Association.