COUNCIL FOR TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING (COTVET).
COTVET was set up by an Act of Parliament to coordinate and oversee all aspects of technical and vocational education and training in the country. The functions of the Council include the formulation of national policies for skills development across the broad spectrum of pre-tertiary and tertiary education, formal, informal and non-formal.
COTVET invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented, result-driven with good leadership qualities and enthusiasm, for appointment as Director, Finance, and Administration.
To provide leadership, technical and administrative direction for the effective and efficient management of the finances of the Council.
- Provide inputs for the formulation of policies;
- Oversee the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the programmes and activities of the Directorate;
- Exercise oversight responsibility for the efficient and effective management of the human, material and financial resources of the Directorate;
- Co-ordinate the preparation of the annual budget of the Council;
- Oversee the preparation and submission of the annual budget of the Directorate;
- Oversee the analysis and interpretation of financial reports for the Council
- Oversee the preparation of annual financial reports of the Council,
- Maintain appropriate relationship with relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies of government and stakeholders on issues relating to finance.
- Identify sources of funding to improve the revenue base of the Council
- Advise Management on the financial management laws, regulations, fiscal policies and any other financial issues;
- Provide financial advice for the development of proposals;
- Ensure the implementation of financial recommendations contained in audit reports;
- Ensure the judicious use of funds in accordance with relevant financial regulations;
- Ensure the development and implementation of financial control system for the Council.
- Ensure the preparation of annual and other periodic reports of the Directorate;
- Oversee the implementation of the Performance Management Systems within the Directorate;
- Supervise and appraise the performance of immediate subordinate staff.
Qualifications And Experience
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or any other related fields from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Must be a chartered member of a recognized and relevant professional body (e.g. ICA-GH, ACCA, CPA or CIMA).
- A minimum of ten (10) years post-Bachelor’s degree or its professional equivalent relevant work experience, five (5) years of which must be in Senior Management position.
- Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Public Services Commission in consultation with the Governing Board.
- Excellent knowledge in financial management laws, regulations and fiscal policies.
- Good knowledge in international financial management systems, rules, regulations, processes and procedures;
- Good knowledge in labour laws and regulations.
- Extensive leadership, networking, monitoring and management skills.
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Negotiating, lobbying and conflict management skills.
- Ability to inspire and motivate.
- Knowledge in relevant IT applications.
- Good strategic management skills
- Good monitoring and evaluation skills.
- High integrity and good ethical standards
- Knowledge in Administrative procedures.
- Report Writing.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit their application letters including their contact details, CV, names and addresses of Three (3) Referees, copies of their certificates and statement of a maximum of 1,000 words on the vision for COTVET to the address indicated below:
The Executive Director, Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training
(COTVET), P. O. Box M 651, Ministries Post Office, Accra.
Or deliver directly to COTVET, Education Enclave, Trinity Theological Seminary Road, East Legon, Accra.
Or send by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: December 2, 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Visit www.cotvet.gov.gh/vacancies for other vacant positions within the Council.